Agricultural Engineer-Agrarian Economics mention from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, International Diploma in Export Management (Faculty of Economic Sciences P. Universidad Católica de Chile and European Institute for External Trade, Basel, Switzerland).
Most important professional activities
- March 14, 2020 to date. IDB consultancy to support the activities of the Drought Information System for the South of South America (SISSA-CRC). Country: Chile.
- 2008-2019. Head / Manager of the Agricultural Emergencies and Agroclimatic Risk Management Unit (UNEA- MINAGRI-Chile).
- Creation of the National System for the Management of Agricultural Risks and its inclusion as an activity of the National Plan for Adaptation to climate change of the Agriculture and Forestry Sector. Creation of the National Agroclimatic Network: 404 automatic meteorological stations in public-private partnership, Advisor to the Steering Committee and MINAGRI counterpart. Agroclimatic Observatory, Member of the Steering Committee. Seasonal Outlook, semiannual participatory activity to analyze climate projections and their impact on the different agricultural sectors.
- Project “Risk of drought and other extreme climatic events, FAO, January 2010. Project “Support for the design and implementation of an agroclimatic risk management model”. FAO UTF-028. Counterpart and head of the MINAGRI team (2009-2011).
- Project “Assistance in the management of MINAGRI in support of rainfed agriculture”, financed by FAO (TCP / CHI / 3403). MINAGRI counterpart and member of the Steering Committee. (2012-2015).
- Project “Supporting Effective Drought Risk Management in Vulnerable Catchments of Chile”; Chilean Counterpart, Seminars in Chile and Internship in England (U of Birmingham and Imperial College, London) (2016-2017) and Project “A Citizen Science Approach to Drought Risk Management in Peru and Chile”; Chilean counterpart (2018-2019). Both projects funded by the British Council and Newton Picarte Fund.
- Project “Improving Resilience to Climate Change in Small Agriculture in the O’Higgins region”, in charge of Component 2, member of the Technical Committee. Funded by the Adaptation Fund. 2017- 2019.
- Conference Transformations 2019, Santiago-Chile. Non-Academic Session “Transformational approach to address drought in Chilean agriculture: land use, grassland and livestock management”. Organization and animation of the session. (October 2019).
- 2000-2007. INTER-AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR COOPERATION ON AGRICULTURE. International consultant for cooperation in sanitary and food safety matters and Representation specialist in Chile in sanitary and agribusiness matters.
- 1997-2000. AGRICULTURAL AND LIVESTOCK SERVICE (SAG). National Director. National authority in matters of agricultural health and food safety and national counterpart with multilateral organizations and in bilateral relations in the field of agricultural health.
- 1994-1997. MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (CHILE). Commercial and agricultural attaché to the Embassy of Chile in Argentina
- 1999. National Award from the Chilean College of Agronomists on “Public Activity”.
- 1999. ASOEX (Chilean Fruits Exporters Association). Distinction for “His important contribution to the development of horticultural exports.”
- Vice- President of Chilean College of Agronomists (2000- 2004).